We believe that trainee wellbeing is crucial in experiencing joy at work. We all undergo stressors in various aspects of our lives, particularly in the current climate. This can have a profound effect on our health and wellbeing.
This page provides an overview of services available for trainees. Each of the links below will take you to relevant information – some may only be available on the intranet from NHS computer.
Trainee Self Care
We understand that not everyone wants to access support services right away and that we all find ourselves struggling from time to time due to the nature of our work. The below resources maybe a good starting point.
- NHS Forth Valley Staff Wellbeing resources
- Doctors-in-Training Wellbeing and resource guide
- NHS Forth Valley General Self Help Guides
NHS Forth Valley Psychological Support and Services
- Staff Support Services
- Doctors-in-Training Peer Support Service – The Peer Support service is run by a group of trainees and consultants who provide support to colleagues who maybe struggling for personal or professional reasons. The team are able to signpost to other services too.
- Occupational Health and Psychological support – The occupational health and psychology team support staff across the FV footprint with a range of options available. Search on intranet or pop into the department on level 2 next to A block.
- Chaplaincy – Mix of denominational and non-denominational chaplains work from the spiritual care centre within FVRH atrium. Pop in any time to access non-judgement support, a quick cuppa or a chat.
Are you concerned about your training?
Being a doctor in training can be challenging and sometimes ensuring you meet the required outcomes of your programme can seem like a struggle whilst balancing other personal and professional needs.
Please don’t let worries or concerns linger too long, the medical education and fellow clinicians are more than happy to help. The below flow chart gives some suggestions as to how to approach concerns relating specifically to your training post or needs.